Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hail Pel!

This morning, a number of people in the bus would have thought me demented. The cause of this thought is a book written by this gentleman called Pelham Grenville Wodehouse. For the sake of convenience and relief to my fingers (which are still at loggerheads), I shall call this person Pel.

And this is what Pel said (about a very tall, lanky character in the book) that made me burst out laughing:

...Nature, stretching Horace Davenport out, had forgotten to stretch him sideways, and one could have pictured Euclid, had they met, nudging a friend and saying: "Don't look now, but this chap coming along illustrates exactly what I was telling you about a straight line having length without breadth."

I just could not stop laughing. His name should have been Pel 'genius' Wodehouse!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abhimanyu said...

Hail 'The Master'!

Snowbeak said...

:D I saw the book set Jeeves and Chums. It was a the most difficult thing I've ever done - to not buy it.

Krithika said...

How could you?

I bought it. For a certain someone whose birthday is around the corner.. :P

Aditi said...

Ah, and I do love that book! All glory to PGW!

Krithika said...

Hear! Hear!