Friday, April 20, 2007

Umm..

It is supposed to be 'Summer Day' in my team. A fact that was sitting somewhere in the back of my mind, and seems to have been overpowered by more dominant thoughts like 'Get-out-of-bed', 'chase-bus', 'avoid-getting-killed-while-crossing-roads', and so on.

Well, that apart, the fact of the matter is that I forgot 'Summer day' and am dressed in my usual jeans and kurta. And I assume that I am going to be asked the reason for my attire by people. And those who are too disgusted to even ask for a reason will perhaps, just glare and walk by.

When the mail announcing 'Summer day' arrived, it told me to "be dressed in capris, shorts or skirts" and to "beat the heat". It also pleaded "No salwars please" (with about 5 exclamation marks following the 'please').

In a way, I think it is good that I forgot; for the following reasons:

1. I do not have any of the mentioned summer clothes that can be worn anywhere except at home; or at the most, to the garden for fiddling around with mud.

2. By no stretch of imagination (or the clothes themselves!) will I fit into any of my sister's 'summery' clothes.

3. Imagine me wearing any of those and travelling in the bus. The very thought has me in gales of laughter.

4. For all my supposed intelligence, I fail to understand, exactly what sort of heat am I supposed to be beating in an office which is centrally air-conditioned; and has me freezing half the time.

And since there is no better way to end this without bringing my weight into the discussion, this is where I shall stop.

1 comment:

Abhimanyu said...

... in a centrally air-conditioned office- it is worth mentioning here that it is 'Summer Day' outside, exactly during the time you are not!

=))