Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Of a Write..err!!

I wonder what gave me the idea that I can write. I ask myself this question, for it has been over 15 minutes and all I have managed to write are the preceeding words..

I have not been much of a writer ever since the days at school where one (writer or otherwise) has to put words together that can pass off as a piece of creative genius (!!), decent enough to scrape you through the examination.

The essays in class 12 were a pain, to put it moderately. We had to compose a piece of writing 3 sheets long, picking the topic of our choice from a list. All for 10 measley marks. I always ended up writing short stories (which we had been told to treat with extreme caution). Funny short stories. Or at least, that's what I thought. I do remember her giggling while she corrected my paper, though now when I look back, I wonder if it was the story that amused her.

But I seem to have taken a fancy to the noble art and shall make due contribution through this column.. :D.

That was not all that tough to do, and it took me approximately an hour and a half. Not exactly INSPIRING, but then.. it's a start!

No comments: