Friday, June 01, 2007

By Providence divine...

.. is how I am getting through the day.

Some days are just inexplicably irritating. One feels like throwing things just for the sake of it. Beyond this state of annoyance, is a state where the throwing of things is accompanied with the losing of temper and screaming at anyone in the vicinity. And then, is the state that I am currently in.

Well, I guess what triggered it all off was the elevator in my building. Normally, elevators are polite things. They arrive when you call, take you to the desired altitude and once the destination has arrived, they wait politely till you get off and bid farewell. Now, when it comes to the pre-historic contraption in my apartment, things are rather different. It answers your call, alright, takes you to the desired floor, and then... just when you are about to open the door and get out, it suddenly journeys back to the first floor. Apparently, this behaviour has been noticed frequently for some time now (like the watchman's wife described to me in about 30 minutes).

As a result of the 30 minute conversation, I had to chase after my bus before the driver caught sight of me and decided to wait.

After the usual 40 minute expedition, I get off to find the road so full of vehicles that some cycle-wallas were actually riding on the 4 inch wide strech of rubble that they call a footpath. And, I'd rather not write of how I actually managed to cross..

And then.. I discover that there is a mountainload of work waiting for me (ta! da!!).

Then, why, am I typing this post out when I should be working? You see, gentle reader, sometimes after so much hassle, the mind refuses to work. Mine just did. And it did not plain refuse. Putting the foot down, is the phrase that I am looking for.

But then, there is a silver lining... It is a Friday. Yay! :)

3 comments:

Abhimanyu said...

I think when you are in such a state of mind, the magnitude of your sarcasm and wit reaches quite some peak, leading to a really funny post like this one. :)

Hang in there...

Krithika said...

:D

Surabhi said...

Nice tinge of sarcasm..Thoroughly enjoyed reading through this one!