Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rain..

It is raining. There is a pleasant breeze along with the rain which sprays the water gently on one's face. Everything looks clean and nice. I think it is a beautiful day. If I were poetic, I would have gone a step further and written of the trees swaying and the world seeming more cheerful. But then, I dont really fall into the vicinity of poetic, as described here; and hence I shall be my old prosaic self.

Anyway, the point being, that it is such a beautiful day, and I have been confined to a small (read miniscule) space with a machine, whose only advantage is that it lets me blog.

Tyranny, I think, is the word I should be employing.

There is this saying about all sorts making worlds. This morning I came in contact with, what I thought was a highly amusing one. I would have used 'most amusing', but then that category I reserve for my sister; and she is the only one of her sort around (thank Heavens!).

Coming back to the highly amusing one. I must note here, that at this particular point in time, it had only begun raining. More like a light drizzle, the skies were rumbling, though. The kind of drizzle which a lot of people tend to even ignore. On such a morning, one does expect to see a sparse crowd, owing to the imminent rain. But what one does not expect to see, is a regular acquaintance bundled up in several layers of clothing and a raincoat, carrying an umbrella which seems more like a stolen temple dome.

Clothes perhaps, do not make a man; but they do alter the appearance to a large extent. I was quite startled when this bundle of clothing came up to me and said "Hullo!". On expressing curiosity over the attire, she simply said, "Oh, that. Rain water is bad for my skin, you see." and she went on about how her beautician had asked her to stay away from rain water and about 10 other things that escape my memory right now. The best part being where the beautician had asked her to stay away from chemicals and 'enjoy natural beauty'.

What can I say? All sorts do make a world, after all. :)

2 comments:

Abhimanyu said...

=)). I'm sure even she uses mineral water for her skin like some others we know.

Krithika said...

:)). I hope the "some other" does not read this.. :P